AUDIO ENGINEERING & MUSIC PRODUCTION
The audio engineering and music production course offered at SACAC aims to bring a curriculum that is designed for the modern day producer who might find the need to don the many hats of the different personnel in the production chain. The course presents information in a systematic and detailed format from the basics of audio and sound to modules dealing with In-The-Box production covering aspects of DAW based recording and mixing and music production with virtual instruments.
The newly designed studios at SACAC offer ample time and resources to students to practice the art of recording and production on industry grade software of Avid ProTools and Apple Logic Pro X.
SACAC aims to offer a programme that will train the students in the standard everyday practices of the profession and scale up their professionalism to meet the expectations of the industry.
The course is broken into three semesters. The topics that will be covered in the one- year program are:
- Introduction to Sound
- Basic Electronics
- Concepts of Studio and Acoustic Design
- Music Theory and Appreciation
- Digital Audio Concepts
- Studio Environment and DAWs (ProTools and Logic)
- Microphones and Recording Technique
- Dynamic Signal Processing
- MIDI Technology and Concepts
- Music Production
- Sound Design for Video
- Live Sound Reinforcement
- Broadcast Audio
- Music Business and Legal
Audio/ Music Mixing and Mastering Under Fundamentals Of Music, the following topics will be covered:
- Musical Alphabet
- Music Notation
- Understanding Rhythm
- Key Signatures
- Chord Progressions
- Basic Piano
- Ear Training
In recent times, this ever-evolving industry has changed rapidly and the studio environment has extremes from a high-end production facility to a well-equipped laptop in the form of a digital audio workstation. It has become extremely important for aspiring practitioners in this field to take on the many roles in the production chain today and at the same time keep themselves ahead of the changing trends of technology. Today in the Indian market, the demand is ever increasing for the various cogs in the audio and music production wheel. The course is thus designed keeping in mind that the students will be exposed to the requisite skills needed for the industry and will also be pushed to do independent research and projects that will ultimately set them on the path of bettering their skills.
The course provides its students with:
- Hands on experience in a professional studio geared for audio recording and music production
- Personal and individual attention/ guidance from experienced faculty
- Workshops by visiting professionals
- Exposure to live projects including multi-track recording, sound design for video and live concert set-ups.
- Music appreciation workshops; interaction with producers from the industry; participation in industry seminars.
The well-equipped, on-campus studio facility gives each student the ideal on-the-floor edge needed to make a mark in this highly specialized profession.
- Submit duly filled Application Form with all the relevant documents.
- Appear for Entrance Exam.
- Appear for First Round of Interview.
- Appear for Final Round of Interview.
- What matters the most to you and why? (word limit: 200)
- What has been your biggest achievement so far and why do you consider it to be so? (word limit: 200)
- Why do you choose Audio Engineering & Music Production as a profession? What made you choose the course at SACAC? (word limit: 500)
- Select a song (Indian/Western, Film/Non Film) of your choice and try to identify the different instruments used in the recording. If possible, also try and explain the recording technique(s) used. (word limit: 500), (Note: For rare/uncommon tracks, please provide web link or details.)
NOTE: Shortlisted candidates will be intimated via phone and email.
To access the application form and know more about the application process, please visit the Application Form section.
Additional requirements for Audio Engineering & Music Production as below:
|The procedure for accessing and submitting the application form Diploma programme is as follows:|
NOTE: We cannot process application forms that are incomplete or without submission of the Processing Fee.
|CHECKLIST FOR ENCLOSURE|
|TERMS & CONDITIONS|
|Audio Engineering & Music Production||12 Months||Rs. 2,69,000/-|
- Applicable GST extra
- Students need to pay an additional refundable caution deposit of Rs. 10,000/-
|The payment of course fees has been broken into three installments for convenience during the course.|
|At the time of admission||1st Installment||1/3rd of the total fee|
|After completion of 2 months||2nd Installment||1/3rd of the total fee|
|After completion of 4 months||3rd Installment||1/3rd of the total fee|
|Terms & Conditions|
|Fees, once paid, are non-refundable and non-transferable.|
|A fine of Rs. 50/- per day will be charged for the first 30 days, post which the student may be barred from attending classes.|
|Students who will have to appear for re-examination due to failure to secure mandatory marks, will have to pay Rs. 1000/- as re-examination fee for each paper they have to re-write.|
|Students failing to clear their dues will not be allowed to appear for the final examinations and participate in diploma projects.|
|Audio Engineering & Music Production students need to have a laptop, pair of professional headphones and HDD of 1 TB (minimum).|
|The course require the students to go on study tours, film festivals, exhibitions, etc. The students are expected to bear the expenses of necessary transport, lodging and boarding.|