The admission process for all Postgraduate Diploma and Diploma programmes is a simple 4-step procedure:
- Submit duly filled Application Form with all the relevant documents.
- Appear for Entrance Exam and / or Personal Interview
- Appear for Panel Interview (where relevant)
NOTE: Shortlisted candidates will be intimated via phone and email.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR EACH COURSE
Advertising & Public Relations
Audio Engineering & Music Production
- Describe a facet of your identity, background or story that is essential to who you are. (max: 200 words)
- Tell us about a time where you challenged your pre-existing worldview. Why? Would you do this again? (max: 200 words)
- Talk about a personal accomplishment that is unrelated to music, but that means a lot to you. (max: 200 words)
- Why do you choose to study Audio Engineering & Music Production? What made you choose this course at SACAC?(max: 500 words)
- Statement of Purpose (600 words. Can be written in English or Hindi)
A film career is often self-made and structured very differently from many other careers. In this context, please write a statement of purpose giving strong reasons for choosing this field, and for wanting to join this particular filmmaking course at SACAC.
- Film Idea (to be based in Delhi/ NCR) (400-500 words. Can be written in English or Hindi)
A student enters the course with an idea around a film that s/he wishes to make, and will be nurtured towards realizing this. However, the proposal is likely to undergo several transformations as the participant goes through a rigorous mentoring and learning process. Therefore, the submissions will not be considered firmed up ideas but rather as serious, fleshed out intentions.
This submission should have:
- Logline: A brief idea about the film, in two or three lines.
- Statement of Intent (300-400 words): State clearly your reasons for wanting to make this film.
- Status of the film idea: In the event that the film idea has been worked upon to some extent, please state if any of the following have already reached some stage:
- Research and reconnaissance
- Footage shot
- Edited footage if any
The above does not imply that the development of these stages puts the candidate at an advantage, but is a means to assess the proposed project.
- Send copies of any creative work that you might have done (can be photographs, scripts, poetry, plays, lyrics, music and/or short film or any other) in print/CD/DVD/URL along with the form. Additionally, please note that the online links/ URLS need to be emailed to email@example.com
Write a personal statement of about 1000 words, which is mature and self- reflective. The statement should take into account your history; creative experiences, if any; influence and aspirations; and personal artistic dreams. In this statement also describe your reasons to pursue a Diploma in Professional Photography and briefly list your photography & imaging skills.
The creative portfolio is a contributing factor for admission to the Diploma in Photography Course. All applicants must submit a creative portfolio that consists of fifteen (15) photographic prints of size 6”x8”. For each photograph, the applicant will provide: (a) A caption (b) Explain the idea or inspiration for making the image (max 100 words per image).
CHECKLIST FOR ENCLOSURE
- A processing fee of Rs. 2000/- for Advertising & PR course, Audio Engineering & Music Production, Photography Diploma Course and Rs. 2200/- for the Creative Documentary Course is applicable with each submitted application form. You can pay this amount by cheque or online.
- Two photographs of size 3cm X 4cm.
- Self attested photocopy of mark sheets of 10th, 12th and graduation. Admit Card / Examination Ticket, if you are appearing for your final year graduation examination.
- Updated copy of your resume that should include academic qualifications, work experience (if any), languages known, softwares and extra curricular activities.
- Course specific write-ups, as specified in ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR EACH COURSE.
- Portfolio/CD/DVD in safe folders/pouches, as specified in ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR EACH COURSE.
- An application form once sold / issued in the name of candidate cannot be returned and/ or transferred.
- The application form should be complete in all respects.
- SACAC reserves the right to call applicants for interview.
- Fees, once paid, are non- refundable and non- transferrable.
- Rights to admission are reserved with SACAC.
- All disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Delhi Courts.