We are delighted to share that Prateek Shekhar’s MIC Diploma film Chai Darbari shall be screened online as part of Docuscape, International Documentary and Short Film Festival of Kerala (IDSFFK) to be held from 21st to 28th August 2020. Chai Darbari was the winner of the Best Short Documentary Award at IDSFFK in 2019.
Film synopsis: A search for 'truth' stumbles upon varied textures of conversations. Conversations carrying echoes from print, electronic and social media, redolent with the local atmosphere and the context of the city's past. Since 1992, Ayodhya has been a crucial ground for electoral politics and debates. Unverified and politically motivated videos, circulated on an ever growing WhatsApp web, have complicated the issue a little more. These videos are one-way dialogic conversations, encoded with an 'us versus them' subtext. Parallel to this, all arguments around Ayodhya overlook multiple lived realities of the residents. While these realities transmute into endless conversations over chai (tea) in Ayodhya, the nature of the discourse is significantly different in the cities. Chai Darbari is a small tapestry of a few such conversations.
Docuscape is a week-long digital festival aimed at showcasing award winning documentaries and short films screened at previous editions of the prestigious (IDSFFK). Abhinava Bhattacharyya's Jamnapaar will also be screening as part of Docuscpae as it had won the Second Best Short Documentary Award at IDSFFK in 2018. For more details on the festival: https://idsffk.in/Previous Awards and Screenings:
• Selected for South Asian Documentary Film Festival 2021
• Shortlisted for TOTO Funds the Arts Award 2020
• India’s entry to the Oscars in the Documentary (Short Subject) Category 2020
• Selected for the Kolkata People’s Film Festival (KPFF) 2020
• Selected for screening at Kathmandu | Travelling Film South Asia 2020
• Selected for screening at CSAS Film Series | Travelling Film South Asia 2019
• Awarded Best Short Documentary at the International Documentary & Short Film Festival of Kerala (IDSFFK) 2019
• Selected for SiGNS Film Festival, Kerala 2019
• Selected for the Urban Lens Film Festival 2019
• Selected for the Habitat Film Festival 2019