PAINTING & SKETCHING
The natural world around us is full of objects shapes, sizes, forms, colours, and lines, firing the impulse of our ancestors to depict them visually. Gradually, the human mind began to transform even thoughts and feelings into fantastic imagery. However, even to paint abstract forms, the journey in a painting and sketching course must begin by observing and representing nature.
The Short Term Painting & Sketching course is designed to give expression to one’s imagination through visual principles like proportion, symmetry and rhythm. To develop one’s drawing skills, courses in sketching will go through various exercises aimed at improving skills to portray nature’s designs on paper. Textures and colour will be added later to the practice to add vividness to an artistic work. Eventually, one can explore emotional meaning in images by representing them with a brush in the painting classes.
The course in painting & sketching at SACAC, Delhi is instrumental in bringing out your individual creative self, which can be a hugely therapeutic practice. This re-connection with your creativity will manifest itself in other areas of your life as well.
- A Brief Introduction to the History of Painting
- Warming up Exercise with Freehand Techniques
- Practice of Composition, Silhouette, Form, Line and Perspective in Nature
- Exploring Texture, 3D Elements, Light and Shade in Nature
- Discussion on Perspective, Aspect and Form
- Enhancing Basic Sense of Composition and Filling the Frame Beautifully
- Discussion on Art as an Expression of Sublime Emotions
- Painting Natural Objects with Water Colours